[Tagging] Landuse=grass - boots on change to wiki

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 01:28:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

Following on from the discussion on "Wrong use of landuse=village_green
- but what else to use?" and subsequently bring up the wiki on
landuse=grass I have made a major change to landuse=grass to what I
think it should be!!!!

Some will be upset by this .. fine. However I think they are mapping a
land cover ..not a land use.

For instance green areas in roundabouts, highway medians  ... are used
by the highway ... and should be tagged similar to railways ...
landuse=highway!

If the grassed area needs to be tagged then tag WHAT IS THERE ...
landcover=grass (or natural=grass) ... the land is use in a highway
situation to provide safety for the highway users .. it is not for the
use of the grass!