[Tagging] Wrong use of landuse=village_green - but what else to use?

Rene ArAge at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 13:44:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm one of the contributors who started this discussion in the Dutch
forum as Marc mentioned in his first post. And as I noticed here the
discussion is becoming bigger and bigger. Which is fine of course but
I'm afraid it will not result in a nice obvious tag for mixed vegetation.

So what I like to do is to vote for the best tag (key and value). For
this we need a few examples for instance Google pictures (e.g. search
for "street vegetation") and we need keys and values in which we can
choose from. After one month we decide by majority vote.

Let start with the key's to choose from:

landuse=
landcover=
nature=
leisure=
barrier=

Next choose one of the values discussed before in this discussion list
(if you know a better one let's here it!):

village_green
municipality_green
municipality_vegetation
park
trees
shrubs
flowers
grass
garden
forest
green_spaces
flowerbeds
hedge
scrub
landscaping

A few made up values from the Dutch forum:

mixed_vegetation
street_vegetation
urban_green

Again keep in mind this tag is for mixed situations as the pictures in
Google (search: "street vegetation) will show you.

Thanks for voting and good luck!

Rene

Op 9-1-2017 om 12:02 schreef Dave F:

> On 09/01/2017 09:28, Volker Schmidt wrote:
>> Please remember that the wiki is intended to document what the common
>> use is, not what the common use should be.
>> If you want to change the common use please use the available
>> discussion channels before changing the wiki.
>>
>> Volker
>
> I disagree with this. The wiki is guidance for what is considered,
> especially for newbies, to be the correct way to tag. I confess this
> is subjective & open to (very long ) discussions, but to believe a tag
> is correct just because it's in the majority is incorrect.
>
> As an example I give water=river/canal/stream which is now preferred
> over waterway=riverbank, even though there are fewer occurrences at
> this point in time.
>
> DaveF
>
> ---

---