[Tagging] Landuse=grass - boots on change to wiki

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:36:57 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the grassed area needs to be tagged then tag WHAT IS THERE ...
> landcover=grass (or natural=grass) ... the land is use in a highway
> situation to provide safety for the highway users .. it is not for the use
> of the grass!

I agree with not using landuse=grass when tagging grassy land cover.
landcover=grass should be perfect for this.

Unfortunately, landuse=grass is rendered in the default OSM map layer while
landcover=grass isn't. So to encourage proper tagging, we should make sure
that landcover=grass is being rendered. Taginfo says that no project uses
landcover=grass:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/landcover=grass#projects