[Tagging] landuse=logging

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:20:55 UTC 2017

On 06-Jan-17 11:00 AM, Dave Swarthout wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com
> <mailto:abonnements at revolwear.com>> wrote:
>
>     I thought that this is exactly what a landuse=forest is. A
>     plantation of trees to be cut down. The other thing is natural=wood
>

> +1
>
> Logging is one of the activities associated with a wooded area managed
> to produce wood for lumber, chips, pulp, etc. Such areas are
> properly tagged as landuse=forest.

There are other things produced by forestry ...
maple syrup for Canadians
rubber from rubber trees
various oils (tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil)
as well as timber.

 From the crop wiki I think this can be an additional tag for
landuse=forest ...
crop=timber
crop=rubber
etc.

Note lumber is American, and can be used differently ... lumbered with
the inlaws for instance. I think timber is a better value.