[Tagging] How should golf ball protection be tagged?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:43:11 UTC 2017

On 10-Jan-17 02:59 AM, Tod Fitch wrote:
> Here is a footway adjacent to a golf course that is being protected against people being hit by golf balls. [1]
>
> What is the best tagging for this protective structure? The lower part on the right could be considered a fence, but it extends over the top of the footway which makes it un-fence like in my opinion.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19663978/OSM/2017-01-08_16-53-04.jpg

Initial thoughts?

Map the way on the right as a barrier=fence height= 2.1?

then the highway=footway with covered=yes

Nothing in the wiki to say the covering has to be 'solid', 'opaque' etc.

This kind of structure is appearing on overhead footways to stop people
throwing object onto traffic underneath, though it can be fully enclosing.