[Tagging] Added tables for values to key produce

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 01:19:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

Following on from landuse=grass .. I have been looking at appropriate
tags for those areas used to actually produce grass ... or sod .. or
turf as 2 other words.

 From the wiki I first got crop .. which suits. Further searching got
produce which also suits. I then looked at the usage - crop wins, and
then the values ...product looks much more diverse .. thinking abut it
.. produce encompass crops. I think the reason why crops is winning over
mappers is the wiki page documentation ..

So I have added 3 tables to the wiki produce page; aquaculture, farm and
forestry.

Some of these are present values from both produce and crop usage.

I have tried to organise the farm entries into major groups - flowers
and beans all together for example. There may be others that can be
usefully combined too.

See what you think ... these are all additions.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce

Changes to the produce page ...
Shop I have added the comment that these sell things .. they don't
produce. They may sell farm produce .. but they still don't produce it
themselves.

I have also tried to make the difference between produce and product
clearer .. though the division will all ways be a little fuzzy.

On 'my' 'grass' which is where I started .. with the assistance of the
GB list, who should have some expertise with UK English, I have decided
on 'turf' as the best value .. and to use it under the key 'produce'
with landuse=farmland. This leaves the abused 'landuse=grass' alone .. I
hope it gets deleted and the appropriate features get move over to
landcover=grass.