[Tagging] Public transport cards

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:09:17 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 17 Jan 2017, at 11:51, Marc Zoutendijk <marczoutendijk at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I’m a very heavy user of public transport and I always use the website from the operator to find out when/where/how my bus/train is going. I would not even think of OSM…

unless your public transport operator has a portal that is worse than looking at an osm map ;-)

/anecdotal/
I recall the local portal some years ago (admit they have slightly improved in the mean time) recommending me to walk for 51 minutes to a distant bus stop to save some changes when the next stop was 2 minutes away and although that one required several more changes, as it was raining it was absolutely preferable).

cheers,
Martin