[Tagging] [Talk-us] destination:street

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 22 21:18:48 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-22 21:51, Hakuch wrote:

> On 22.01.2017 21:20, yo paseopor wrote:
>
>> As you can see order is not random. In Catalonia is the same. How do you
>> make correspondence with the order.
>
> But I agree, when there is really a important sense in order of the
> values, putting them in a multiple value could be wrong

The semicolon syntax, and all the other suggestions for multiple values,
all give ordered lists. All we need to do is to declare that the first
value is primary or dominant, and we are there. Consumers who are not
ready to handle multiple values in their data models can stop reading
after the first value and they still get a reasonable value to use. It
is a rather inconvenient truth that the real world has multi-valued
attributes, but that is not about to go away.

--colin