[Tagging] [Talk-us] destination:street

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 04:55:05 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 8:41 PM, yo paseopor <yopaseopor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would expect that each value for destination only occurs a small
>> number of times, especially when there are multiple destinations.  Why
>> would a certain combination of destinations occurs more than a handful
>> of times ? Hence, you will not find them in the top values on taginfo.
>

> So you say each value...(are we talking about multiple values or values with
> semicolon?). What are the most used values: unique or multiple? Why don't we
> use multiple values more often?

Taginfo only shows how often a value occurs. When a lot of way have
destination Rome, the destination=Rome will occur often and taginfo
will reflect that. When there are not a lot of
destination=some-remote-place, they will be found with low counts on
the last pages of  taginfo for destination

When there are not a lot of destination=place1;place2 you will not see
that in taginfo. destination=place1;place3 is counted separately. They
are not counted for place1, nor place2, nor place3. I can imaging that
the combination of place1 and place2 is not a destination  that occurs
often, maybe on 1 or exits ?

I didn't conduct any experiments, but I did not use the claim from the
wiki text that one notation is easier than the other like you did.
Claiming that one notation is easier than the other can only be done
after experiments. I just said "I wonder whether".