[Tagging] Destination:street

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:12:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Mark Bradley
<ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Count me as one of those that wishes OpenStreetMap were more structured.  As Colin said, choices have to be made, and not everyone will be happy.  Empower some folks to make decisions (after thoughtful deliberation), and enforce the decisions!  Just tell me how something should be tagged, and I'll follow it!  Without something like this, it seems like we are doomed to go around and around, forever and ever...

Simple: pay a developer to implement it the way you want and everybody
has to follow. :-)
OTOH whenever a developer implements something (iD, new carto-css
style), people start complaining that things are changed, or don't
work as they aspect. So you might to pay the developer to grow a thick
skin as well :-)

OSM is driven by people that implement something, not by people
discussing stuff on a mailing list.