[Tagging] Destination:street

Marc Zoutendijk marczoutendijk at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 19:37:03 UTC 2017

> Op 23 jan. 2017, om 19:44 heeft Mark Bradley <ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Count me as one of those that wishes OpenStreetMap were more structured.  As Colin said, choices have to be made, and not everyone will be happy.  Empower some folks to make decisions (after thoughtful deliberation), and enforce the decisions!  Just tell me how something should be tagged, and I'll follow it!  Without something like this, it seems like we are doomed to go around and around, forever and ever...

+1

But i would like to add that your:

"Empower some folks to make decisions (after thoughtful deliberation)”

is questionable. How many is “some folks”?

It has surprised me from the start of my OSM-life (2011), that this list has about 15-25 regular contributors.
Are they the ones that have to decide how 2.000.000 mappers should map?
There are so many mappers that map without even knowing that there is a wiki.

Marc.