[Tagging] Moving forwards with multi-valued attributes

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 23 20:46:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-23 21:15, Paul Norman wrote:

> On 1/23/2017 1:42 AM, Colin Smale wrote:
>
>> This subject has been discussed so many times in the past, over several years. It seems that OSM is incapable of moving forward. The current data model does not accommodate multi-valued attributes
>
> It used to, then we moved forward to one that doesn't, because that's what all the tools work with.* Leadership was done, a choice was made on multiple values for a key in the data model, and now people are claiming a lack of leadership in the same choice.

Assuming you are referring to "semicolon syntax", then let's make it
clear what the baseline is, close down all these spurious time-wasting
discussions and replace them with a discussion whereby there is a status
quo and the challenger has to make a pretty damn convincing case to
overthrow the incumbent.

Can you point to an illustrative example of leadership on the subject of
MVAs?

I am most definitely not pointing fingers, and not seeking to apportion
blame. The consensus I am looking for is that "the system" has led to a
certain level of paralysis and we need to look at "the system" so we can
fix it.

--colin