[Tagging] highway=services & "Road Stations" - subtag requested.

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Jan 25 11:02:09 UTC 2017

Javbw

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 2:36 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> your going to distinguish 'road houses' then consider SA, PA, etc too?

As far as I know,

A Japanese SA, besides being named after the "Services" of a British motorway, is modelled after it as well, so the existing tag fits very well.

Existing "rest_area" is a PA, which basically have toilets and a vending machine - no restaurants or "employees" to serve you, usually.

So the road station is the odd man out, in my opinion. If It is useful to the eastern US turnpike stops, that's great too.

But it is regional, as I have never seen a government or other road operating company sanction an officially signed and documented "road stop" and then rent out space to other companies in California, so I can't comment. Perhaps the Golden Gate Park stop is one of the few.

Javbw.