[Tagging] Non-geometrical ways in boundary relations

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:18:42 UTC 2017

Isn't the admin_centre just an imaginary point? They tend to be in a
logical place, but that might as well be the church or the geographical
center (at least in current mapping in Belgium).

Also, often it isn't actually "administrative", because we mapped the
"Deelgemeenten" (part-community?) which don't actually exist anymore in a
legal sense (though everyone knows where they are and they are marked on
official signs...)

> On 26.01.2017 14:00, Dave F wrote:
>
>> admin_centre added to a town/villages place node is sufficient as local
>> authorities often use multiple buildings.
>>

> If that is a solution to your situations, fine. It is insufficient for
> mine.
>
> On 26/01/2017 11:46, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
>>

>>> There is no logical reason why this townhall should not be added to
>>> the boundary relation as a way. That was proposed on the wiki
>>> discussion page a few months ago.

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn