[Tagging] Power Tower Landuse = ?

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Tue Jul 4 11:14:11 UTC 2017

On 4 July 2017 11:07:04 BST, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> it seems like other long-term infrastructure (power towers,
>communication
>> towers) are suggested to be landuse=industrial.
>>
>> I really think there should be some kind of subtag then, because not
>only
>> can you define what and why you are tagging, but it allows presets to
>be
>> easily created in iD and searched by new taggers.
>>
>> industrial=power, industrial=communication, etc.
>>

>I agree that a formalization of industrial subtags would be really
>desirable. There are many different kind of things that get this same
>landuse property, e.g. warehouses, production facilities, logistical
>infrastructure (ports, distribution centres, ...).
>
>For the German context (but likely also for other places), there should
>be
>also a distinction for "light industry" (Gewerbe).
>
>Then it seems strange we don't have yet a standardized list of typical
>top
>level categories (e.g. automotive, textile, semiconductors,
>electronics,
>energy, machinery, mining, ...)

The correct English term is pylon.

Although I am a little confused by the purpose of this thread, the presence of pylons does not in my experience change the landuse, if they cross farmland the land beneath them is still farmland or in the case of this photo natural=wood.

https://flic.kr/p/V8pLyS

Phil (trigpoint)