[Tagging] source tag on object <> changeset

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 22:09:41 UTC 2017

I create a new thread because it have no link with a tree :-)

Le 22. 07. 17 à 22:20, ael a écrit :
 > On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 08:51:16PM +0200, Simon Poole wrote:
 >> a) good practice to tag source on the changeset.
 > I always include a fairly comprehensive list
 > of sources on changesets, but *need* individual source tags
 > on objects. Otherwise, subsequent mappers come along with
 > far inferior information and wipe out my many hours/days/years of
 > careful work on the ground.
This problem exists for any tag. Where does the localization for a
crossing come from? Gps / aerial? What is the date of this ?
I don't imagine that we triple all the tag to have source+date just in
case someone doesn't read changesets when he thinks that an object needs
improvement.
If he doesn't read changesets, will he pay attention to your source tag?
In my edit, I delete often previous source tag.
Because if I modify an object after survey, a previous source=bing for
example on an object no longer say anything usefull.
I don't add source tag on object for the same reason.
What would be useful is to have a link beside each tag indicating the
last changeset that touched it.
Or maybe a josm plugin can parse the history of the object

Regards,
Marc