[Tagging] Tagging attractions that are farms

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 00:08:42 UTC 2017

I am trying to tag a regional attraction, and I am unsure how to tag the attraction by itself.

the place is the Daio Wasabi farm.

it is a giant wasabi farm where people can walk around and view the fields (and the black netting over them all) and enjoy walking around the location.

There is a very old shrine to the area, shops (that sell wasabi), restaurants (selling wasabi themed food), large souvenir shops, and a lot of infrastructure for hundreds visitors on tour buses.

Wasabi fields
https://www.flickr.com/photos/javbw/23334846052/in/album-72157638113676925/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/javbw/23334846052/in/album-72157638113676925/>
(grown in gravel filled stream beds widened to become fields, with constant water flow through the gravel).

http://welcome.city.matsumoto.nagano.jp/contents03+index.id+15.htm <http://welcome.city.matsumoto.nagano.jp/contents03+index.id+15.htm>   (english).

found here in OSM
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/36.33870/137.90972 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/36.33870/137.90972>

The question I have is how to tag the polygon of the whole installation. Obviously the fields are farmland, the the parking, the restaurants, etc I got - but the whole surrounding polygon?

someone had it tagged as landuse=farm, I changed it to farmyard, but this is not correct either. tourism attracttion is there

Tourism=attraction seems to be suited to a singular object, and theme park is a large installation full of amusements - but what about a place full activities/amenities that aren’t rides?

tourism=attraction_centre or something like that - Attraction always confuses me.

Javbw