[Tagging] Access restriction for gas-powered vehicles

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 3 20:06:02 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-03 21:40, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Michal FabĂ­k <michal.fabik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on the topic in the Wiki. How do you tag access restriction for LPG/CNG-powered cars, as is sometimes the case in underground garages.
>> I'm thinking of something to the effect of:
>>
>> motor_vehicle:conditional=no @ (fuel=lpg;cng)
>>
>> But I'm pretty sure this is wrong, because AFAIK the engine doesn't understand the connection between motor_vehicle and fuel.
>
> At least in the US, this would typically be hazmat=no

Hazmat normally refers to hazardous materials being carried as freight,
not the fuel for the vehicle itself. Rules about carriage of hazardous
materials are complex and depend not only on the material itself, but
also the packaging and quantities (and many other things).

Many tunnels, car ferries etc also prohibit the carriage of fuel in
jerry cans, or even in part-filled containers.