[Tagging] man_made=tunnel

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Jun 11 07:37:25 UTC 2017

Sounds awesome. Most of the tollway tunnels here in Japan (and we have lots and lots of big tunnels) are 2 major and occasionally 1 minor service/emergency tunnel - but usually it is a single named "tunnel", just like a bridge.

The only pushback I can see is, many times one physical tunnel is for one part of the traffic, and another desperate tunnel is for another direction, but the pair are *named* as a singular object "the foo are tunnel"  - whereas a singular bridge might handle 2 ways of directional traffic and a bike path and a sidewalk with *one piece of physical infrastructure.

It might be noted that this is for one physical tunnel that carries 2 or more separates ways inside it, or a complex of tunnels collectively referred to with a single name.

Good suggestion.

Javbw