[Tagging] man_made=tunnel

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 08:56:02 UTC 2017

> I propose a man_made=tunnel, analogous to man_made=bridge <
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dbridge>.
>
> This is meant to show a tunnel outline for tunnels that have multiple
> separate ways in them.

IMHO this should also comprise other parts of the tunnel, like (e.g.)
vertical ventilation shafts, escape tunnels (emergency), etc.
A question might be in some cases whether they are one tunnel with distant
tubes, or 2 tunnels "which happen to have the same name", because unlike
the carriageways on a bridge, every tunnel tube is a distinct structure,
and sometimes different directions can be quite far away and have different
shape (i.e. they are not parallel).

Cheers,
Martin