[Tagging] man_made=tunnel

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:08:51 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:30 PM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk>
wrote:

> I would map those as separate tunnels and only map them as a single tunnel
> is multiple ways share the same bore.

I think this goes to the question of whether we want man_made=tunnel to map
a physical tunnel (that may contain a dual carriageway) or a tunnel system
(that is given just a single name).

To give a bridge analogy, how do you map the Hungerford Bridge and Golden
Jubilee Bridges system in London? The Hungerford Bridge is a railway bridge
flanked on two sides by the Golden Jubilee Bridges, which are a pair of
footway bridges. The three bridge carriageways are separate (you cannot
step from one bridge to the other). However, all three share the same
foundation piers, so in a sense, the whole structure is a single
"mega-bridge".