[Tagging] Traffic training area ("Verkehrsübungsplatz" in German)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 07:53:39 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 13. Jun 2017, at 15:12, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
> Reading the recent wiki-talk by Dieterdreist, the proposed "driver_training" goes in the right direction, however I would drop the "area" suffix and the "children" prefix to keep the value compact.
>
> The age group can be described with additional tags such as min_age= or max_age, the vehicle with common access tags like bicycle=yes and motorcar=yes.
>
> Thus: amenity=driver_training

amenity=driver_training might be ok (I see some confusion with driving schools), but I wouldn't use it for those areas in schools. They are 2 different features IMHO:

http://www.fsz-koblenz.de/b_verkehrsuebungsplatz_02_800.jpg

http://www.gs-gartenstrasse.de/images/phocagallery/2015/Auf_dem_Fahrraduebungsplatz/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_20150615_110204.jpg

cheers,
Martin