[Tagging] fire hydrants

Viking viking81 at tin.it
Fri Jun 16 17:42:32 UTC 2017

> for flow_capacity, should m3/h be preferred instead of lpm ?

Normally, the best unit for fire purposes is lpm (or gpm), because you can easily determine how many minutes it takes to refill e.g. a 4500 litres fire engine. Also fire pumps specs are in lpm or gpm.

> fire_hydrant:coupling_type -> fire_hydrant:coupling:type
> fire_hydrant:couplings -> fire_hydrant:couplings:size

Then couplings, plural:
fire_hydrant:couplings:size = 45;45;70 / ...
fire_hydrant:couplings:type = UNI / Storz / ...

> for people unable to recognize coupling diameters, is it useful to tag
> their count ? Or this information has no utility ?

Well, I think that inserting only the number of couplings would complicate the tagging scheme and would have a very little utility. I wouldn't do that.

Alberto

---
Questa e-mail รจ stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.