[Tagging] dispersed settlements / scattered settlements

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:52:42 UTC 2017

I’m slightly confused by this discussion.  I live in a “hamlet” which is within a “dispersed settlement”.  “Dispersed settlement” describes the pattern of isolated dwellings, farmyards, hamlets, villages etc. on a much larger scale.

We don’t really seem to have tags that currently describe settlement patterns.  If we did then we would need “linear” & “nuclear” as well as “dispersed”.

The “hamlet” has a name (which is used in the address) but the “dispersed settlement” doesn’t as it is just describes a pattern of buildings, hamlets, farmyards etc.

Regards

Dudley