[Tagging] Pool decks?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Jun 20 06:27:27 UTC 2017

> On Jun 20, 2017, at 2:10 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A pitch is for playing sport, not relaxation

My experience with pools is mainly in a sports setting - lap swimming and water polo in High School. Most schools in Japan have shallow lap pools for the students to swim in for PE class (sports) - there are _very_ few mappable/outdoor pools not for sports in Japan - usually in city-operated water parks. This is very different from California, where there are probably 10x more private leisure pools at houses than sports ones for public use.

This came up because the area I am mapping currently has a city-operated water park and many schools with their separate lap pools in one very small area, so I was thinking about how to map these pedestrian areas.

I brought up "pitches" because the pool is where the actual activity is, but the pool-deck is often the staging grounds for the athletes - like footballers sitting on the sidelines of a pitch waiting to play. Often times, that is part of the "pitch" when mapped - but it is different in this scenario, as pools have been separated from pitches.

Javbw