[Tagging] how to map simple buildings

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 16:21:11 UTC 2017

> Oops - I thought I'd copied and pasted the link, honest!
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/436809818
>
> I'm not yet trying for 2.5d - without topography, that'll give quite odd
> results.

you're already doing some 2.5d, the amount of building:levels ;-)
Yes, this looks like I expected, these situations are not well rendered in
carto-osm, unless you "help" the renderer by adding the covered tag to the
covered section.
Here's an example I remember: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/23635726
but it doesn't look nice at the moment, if I don't recall wrong this was
rendered a tad better some time ago (due to the primary having round line
ends they extend beyond the actual line end and make the covered section
almost disappear).

Cheers,
Martin