[Tagging] Positioning motorway exits

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Mar 9 10:30:30 UTC 2017

On 08.03.2017 19:40, Johan C wrote:
> 'Add a highway
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=*motorway_junction*
> tag at each node Node
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Elements#Node> along a highway with
> named or numbered junctions where a driver can legally exit'.

Haven't investigated when that was written, but it might have been way
before all the turn:lanes and change:lanes were intoduced.

I consider the "only physical separation" rule stronger, and applicable
for all data consumers.

On 09.03.2017 11:15, Paul Johnson wrote:
 > Does anybody mind if I take a crack at the whole cloverleaf and upload a
 > changeset?  This kind of junction is pretty bog standard for Oklahoma
 > and I'm familiar enough with EU markings to not get it completely worng.

Which changes are you talking about, and is it still the same junction
that sparked the talk here?

tom