[Tagging] Orientation of an adit?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 21:49:19 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Mark Wagner <mark+osm at carnildo.com> wrote:

> Thing is, the information *isn't* available by other means.  Adits
> don't always go straight in -- of the two I'm aware of, both are at
> rather sharp angles to the (very local) slope of the hill.

OK, you've convinced me, and in any case, I was playing
the devil's advocate and anticipating the objections of others.

I still like this approach for cave entrances, small dams (represented
as points), waterfalls on small streams (represented as points), and
other similar features where there is a point feature with a flow
of goods, water, traffic, ....