[Tagging] Improve toilet tagging

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Mar 14 14:08:32 UTC 2017

On 10.03.2017 21:43, Micah Cochran wrote:
> I am looking to improve tagging of toilets.  Specifically, I'm
> interested in tagging gender neutral toilets (unisex or "family
> toilets") and single-stall toilets.

This is a great idea. Did you know about http://www.refugerestrooms.org/
? It's a collection of data about this. Perhaps it's possible to ask for
an import?

> Is "stall" the term used in British English for that arrangement of
> toilets?

Yes, "stall" is correct here.

re: unisex, one thing to remember is the presence of urinals. Some
unisex toilets have them, others don't.

For example CCC in Hamburg had gender neutral toilets. They upgraded the
existing (gendered) toilets for the event. So the signs said "Unisex
with urinal" and "Unisex without urinal". Some people don't want the
chance to see penises, and hence would avoid unisex toilets for this
reason. "Unisex toilets without urinal" solves that problem.