[Tagging] Vertical farming

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 02:05:33 UTC 2017

Adding information about building level or height is fine, if one has the
data in hand but IMO it is optional information, like operator and website,
etc.  The core tags are what we're discussing here.

@Martin, I fully realize "commercial" buildings have many variations and
styles, as your link points out. I chose building=commercial (535K uses)
because it's a category that encompasses all of those variations yet is
more specific than merely building=yes (838 million uses) . Can you suggest
something better?

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 4:57 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17-Mar-17 09:55 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

>> How about this then for the basic tagging?
>>
>> building=commercial
>> building:use=agriculture (1744 uses)
>> farming:system=vertical_farming (0 uses)
>> produce=marijuana
>>

> I would still use a more specific building value (there are many types of
> commercial buildings, see query below). Also consider adding
> building:levels because it gives a good impression of size.
>

> Some of these will only have one level .. but considerable height. So use
> of the height key may be more appropriate.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand