[Tagging] Starbucks or Starbucks Coffee

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:53:54 UTC 2017

I love the idea of adding  "brand:wikidata=Q37158" to any Starbucks object
but what people see isn't the wikidata key, what they see is the contents
of the name key. How to tag the name of these places is still a problem
that won't disappear with Janko's solution. Unless, of course, there is a
way to transfer name data from the wikidata entry to the OSM object when
maps are compiled, sort of the way it's done in a relational database. That
would be very cool.

Dave

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just put "brand:wikidata=Q37158" and you're done with it. Names are not
> universal identifiers. Making machine edits to rename hundreds of stores
> doesn't help all that much, and can create edit wars.
>
> Janko

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand