[Tagging] water=pool

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:24:39 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 22 Mar 2017, at 08:53, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Either waterway=pool (TagInfo: 26 uses), or waterway=stream_pool, would be better than water=stream_pool.

I would prefer water over waterway as a key, because this is about areas/polygons, for which we typically use natural=water and subtags. This would also allow to keep waterway=riverbank for the whole stream-/river-area (which is so far the only significant exception where waterway is used for areas and not as a linear graph model).
I would be ok with leisure as well, although this is mostly used for artificial features so far, and there might raise some confusion with "ordinary" swimming pools.

cheers,
Martin