[Tagging] how to care about different seasonal road close?

Micah Cochran mcochran at athensal.us
Wed Mar 22 21:35:20 UTC 2017

You might use the "seasonal" key, which seems like it might already be used
to indicate if a highway is open or closed seasonally.  I can't find a
proposal for that use.

This could be seasonal=spring;summer;autumn

There are 54,768 instances of seasonal=yes, which seems fairly useless
unless you are referring to natural phenomenon (streams).

However, I wouldn't count on routing software to recognize this key.  It
would be nice if the software would warned you that this route might be
closed for the season.

I would use that tagging scheme at your own risk.

Regards,
Micah
--

*Micah Cochran*

GIS Coordinator  -  City of Athens  -  Engineering Services & Community
Development Dept.  -  Dept. of Public Works Building  -  1600 ELM ST W,
Athens, AL  <http://g.co/maps/ncrp7> - geo:34.820608,-86.991474 -  p.
256-233-2224  -  f. 256-233-8791 - www.athensalabama.us