johnw at mac.com
Thu Mar 23 13:39:07 UTC 2017
> On Mar 22, 2017, at 9:42 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
> Also, presumably emergency spillways are mapped as areas, rather than
> lines, but they probably should have both, to have the water network and
> show the area. The one I am familiar with is really large
OSM has a lot of objects originally represented by ways that eventually became possible to represent with areas - river+riverbank is a good example.
I would like to:
- document waterway=spillway.
- create a spillway=(main/ secondary emergency) or similar sub-tag.
- create a tag for mapping the extent of spillways. (Waterway=spillway_area ?)
- create an area tag to go with dyke. (Man_made=dyke_area ?
- Figure out how to map water control gates, the tiny hand-cranked vertical ones or the big sliding curved ones.
Any feedback on these 5 points?
More information about the Tagging