[Tagging] Traffic sign's relevant direction: direction=* vs. relation [Was: traffic_signals:direction=* vs. direction=*]

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:03:47 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 23 Mar 2017, at 17:23, Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org> wrote:
>
> - highway=stop+direction=forward node on the incoming way... Only
>  covers the simple case but covers it simply

while this might work often with stop signs it'll hardly work with maxspeed signs, because the changing maxspeed requires to split the highway, so that there would be 2 highways ending in the same node and forward would not be clear of which way.

When I map traffic signs it's mostly city limit, maxspeed/maxweight/maxheight and I do it generally for fellow mappers (including myself) because the effect of the sign I will map on the highway (typically linear, not just a point). Mapping on the side of the road has worked out perfectly for this scope.

cheers,
Martin