[Tagging] Traffic sign's relevant direction: direction=* vs. relation [Was: traffic_signals:direction=* vs. direction=*]

Topographe Fou letopographefou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 08:12:16 UTC 2017

It's a different topic: speed, height... Mainly apply to a way whereas stops mainly (always ?) apply to a node.

Speeds can still be tagged on the way and the sign put appart from the road, mainly for rendering purpose because the way it applies to is already tagged with the consequence (the speed).

In this thread I already proposed the same mechanism for stops, i.e. a node for the sign at it's exact location (for renderers) + a node on the way at the location where the car has to stop/halt/slow down (for routing engine). This way we can address both needs (routing engine are not the only data consumer ;) ). What do you think?

LeTopographeFou

  Message original