[Tagging] "Living street" in Japan

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Mar 29 21:27:31 UTC 2017

> On Mar 29, 2017, at 9:57 PM, tomoya muramoto <muramototomoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Javbw
>
> >is this some systemic regional tagging change that is not documented?
> There is no such agreement in Japanese community, AFAIK.
> So I think it's error of that mapper.

Thanks.  If you could message the user in (better) Japanese, that would be helpful. My simple Japanese probably sounded wrong.

I found these living streets randomly around north Kanto. They are all from the same mapper.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/36.3896/139.3564

> Wiki:ja says "there is no 'living street' category in Japan" and "Tag such street as highway=residential+maxspeed=20or30"
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Tag:highway%3Dliving_street
>
> I would make clear wiki document that living street should not be applied in Japan,
> and I will check the translation of iD and JOSM.

Thanks. I will make an addition to the Japan Tagging page next week with the "living Street" crossed out.

Thanks for your help!

Javbw.