[Tagging] "Living street" in Japan

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Mar 30 08:52:55 UTC 2017

Javbw
> On Mar 30, 2017, at 3:58 PM, Satoshi IIDA <nyampire at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But there are some rare case to match "highway=living_street" such as the one named "Zone 30" public highway/road in Japanese situation.

The idea of using the living street for those narrowly defined roads sounds like a good idea - but as Martin pointed out, the living street's definition is very particular.

I have never heard of "zone 30" before - we have "school zones" in the US (and in Japan too)...

If the "living street" is a residential street with special legal definition, is the "zone 30" a similar situation (beyond residential+max speed=30")?

Could you make a residential=* subtag for the zone30?

Highway=residential
Residential=zone30
Max speed=30

Javbw.