[Tagging] change recommendation from "depth" to "length" for the adit length?

Michal Fabík michal.fabik at gmail.com
Fri May 12 07:13:13 UTC 2017

Yes, I'm aware of the second meaning, so please let me rephrase s/makes no
sense/would be confusing/. As adits are often connected to vertical shafts,
which will likely have their own "depth" tag, we could end up in a
situation with two connected objects (a shaft and an adit connecting it to
the surface) each having their own "depth" tag, where "depth" would have a
different meaning in each case. Besides, adits aren't always perfectly
horizontal, so users could misinterpret depth as the difference in
elevation of the adit's ends, i.e. the true vertical depth (TVD) from the
Wikipedia article that Volker Schmidt linked.
Regards,

--
Michal Fabík