[Tagging] Ordering of routes, possible mapathon? Was: Re: rail routes: how are platforms and stops associated (rail question 2)

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri May 12 19:12:14 UTC 2017

Hi Aun,

JOSM's validator warnings are just that, warnings. Some of them can be
safely ignored. Of course if the route_master relation doesn't really add
information, I'd say it's fine to omit it.

Here are some examples:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3614368/history
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3612781/history

The tags on both relations are quite different. I like to have both of
them, because I want to compare with data from the operators and then it's
good to have all of them "behave" in the same way. The route_master to
describe the line, the route relations to describe the itineraries for all
the variations.

We have a few more of those with only one route relation. For example the
one going in the other direction on our ring road or some school buses for
students that only go from the station to the campus on Sunday evening. On
Friday they have enough possibilities with the standard offered lines.

Polyglot