[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (office=courier)"

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue May 16 00:10:46 UTC 2017

> On May 16, 2017, at 12:34 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "Recently" there are also new couriers which specialize in sending letters (as opposed to parcels), e.g. Pin AG in Germany https://www.pin-ag.de/ who have their own stamps, or "Posta Express" in Italy

How do you recommend tagging that in the courier=* system I suggested?

I tried to define the building function type (shop/delivery_centre/hub/warehouse)

And to define the service operators offer:
Courier:_brand_:ships=yes

Perhaps the type of courier needs to be tagged.

Courier:type=messenger (guy on a bike)
Courier:type=letter
Courier:type=parcel (letter and parcel)
Courier:type=freight/logistics
(is there fright/logistics tags? I dunno if people want to include it, but FedEx usually has a separate freight service (50kg or more) - but people are _not_ bringing 50kg pallets to a box shop. But defining a guy's shipping for logistics company is good

Perhaps

Courier:handles:letters=yes
Courier:handles:parcels=yes
Courier:handles:freight=yes
Courier:handles:automobiles=yes
Courier:handles:bio_samples=yes
(Medical samples are often done by special courier)
Courier:handles:livestock=yes
Etc

Either of these allows for further courier definitions (vehicle distribution for sale or cross-country transportation courier:type=vehicle_transport) not imagined here.

Maybe we don't need to tag this detailed for large national services (unless all this is set in a preset) - people know what they can do at their post office and what they can buy - but it lets people define it for lesser known courier.

Javbw.