[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (office=courier)"

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Thu May 18 19:17:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Tobias Wrede <list at tobias-wrede.de> wrote:
> In that respect UPS is not any different from a supermarket or a dry
> cleaner. You go to the shop=supermarket or shop=dry clener but not Tesco's
> warehouse or the central dry cleaning facility.

Exactly. This is what I'm talking about, where an extremely simple solution
yields a big fraction of the benefit. If someone else wants to go mapping
the logistics network, they're welcome, but I suspect that most users who
are asking for this are looking for a simple answer to, "I have a package
(or an overnight letter) to send, where can I go to send it?" They may
want that query to be answered with post offices in addition to couriers,
but ordinarily aren't looking for the other government services that post
offices usually provide. (I might take a post office for mailing a parcel,
but won't take a courier if I need to renew my passport or accept
Poste Restante.)