[Tagging] Unsigned portions of signed routes

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Wed May 31 10:00:36 UTC 2017

> personally, I don't think "unsigned_ref" is a good tag, as it still
> refers to a "ref", so I would put a "ref" tag and if you want another
> tag that says the ref is not signed (e.g. ref=PA 235 unsigned_ref=yes,
> but admittedly, according to taginfo this is not how it is done), but it
> might be discutable and if you'd really want to emphasize that there are
> no signs, it would seem a good way to do it.
And then you have situations such as US 90 through Houston where it is
routed onto I-610 and I-10 but not signed. US 90 comes out as a signed
route near Katy (going west) and east of I-610 as a freeway (going
east). I-10 and I-610 are the signed routes, but US 90 is still there. I
don't see an easy way to tag the unsigned status of US 90 and AFAIK it
is just tagged in ref=* like it was signed.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com