[Tagging] man_made water _tap with amenity drinking_water

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 02:00:02 UTC 2017

I agree it's confusing. On one reading of the wiki man_made=water _tap with
amenity=drinking_water would mean the exact same as man_made=water_tap +
drinking_water=yes.

On the other hand I think amenity=drinking_water should be reserved for
things primarily intended for direct water consumption, like a bubler or
fountain or roman style fountain like this
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Nasona_a_via_annia_faustina_2.JPG.

A tap in the garden is intended to water the plans, not to drink straight
out of (even though physically it's very similar to that roman fountain) so
shouldn't have amenity=drinking_water, it should be man_made=water_tap +
drinking_water=yes.