[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (Fire Hydrant Extensions (part 2))

Moritz osm at moritzmueller.ee
Wed Nov 15 08:56:49 UTC 2017

> After many revisions to fire hydrant proposal, I request you to vote
> the new version of this proposal [1].
>
> [1]
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Fire_Hydrant_Extensions_(part_2)

Thanks a lot for your effort Alberto.

There is already a map which implements the scheme:

User wambacher provides the Emergency Map[0]. And has he thinks
the proposal will pass he implemented the new scheme here[1]

Examples [2][3][4]

O means obsolete, may be changed to U for undefined.

Original post in the German forum[5]:

> Die Hydranten mit fire_hydrant:type=pond, dry_pillar und suction_point
> sind in dieser Version hinfällig und werden mit einem großen O für
> "obsolet" dargestellt.
> Wem da ein anderes Icon besser gefällt, gerne her damit. Evtl nehme ich
> auch ein U für "undefined".
> Das Fragezeichen bleibt weiterhin für Hydranten ohne fire_hydrant:type.
> [...]
> Da es noch kein Proposal für emergency=suction_point gibt, stelle ich
> die derzeit auch nicht dar.

which translates to

The hydrants fire_hydrant:type=pond, dry_pillar and suction_point are
deprecated in this version
and will be shown with a "O" (obsolete). If anyone has a better idea for
an icon feel free to send. Maybe
I will use an "U" undefined. The question mark indicates hydrants
without fire_hydrant:type.
[...]
As there is no proposal for emergency=suction_point yet, I'm not
displaying them at the moment.

Moritz

[0]: https://wambachers-osm.website/emergency/
[1]: https://wambachers-osm.website/emergency/idx033.jsp