[Tagging] opening_hours for public transport routes?

Fri Nov 24 10:29:15 UTC 2017

On 13-11-17 01:51, Albert Pundt wrote:
> Is it common practice to represent the starts/ends of public transport
> route schedules with the opening_hours tag? For example, Red Rose
> Transit Route 1 in Lancaster, PA uses this
> <http://www.redrosetransit.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Route-1-8-28-17.pdf>
> schedule. The leg going out to Park City Mall only starts on weekdays at
> 6:50; in the 45 mins before then, the bus just turns around on a
> different street back toward downtown. I would guess that the best way
> to map this would be have two route variants with the appropriate
> opening_hours tag, which are united by a route_master relation.

I don't think OSM is the place to map transport timetables and thus
opening hours.

Unless you mean the physical opening/closing hours of stations which can
be closed off to the public (locked gate etc), but opening_hours
shouldn't be put on a route relation. The opening_hour will be wholly
different for the start and the end of the line (for longer lines, there
can be 1.5 hour between start and end!)