[Tagging] Road barrier

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 28 11:33:34 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-28 11:26, Georg Feddern wrote:

> Am 28.11.2017 um 10:00 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> On 27. Nov 2017, at 13:51, Selfish Seahorse <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry for asking again, but does anyone know if motorcar=no implies
> that there is no access for all multi-track motor vehicles or only for
> motorcars?
> In case hgv are permitted I'd explicitly tag it with hgv=yes, but according to the wiki, motorcar only implies motorhome:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access

Yes, unfortunately the european common-in-use traffic sign "VEHICLES
PROHIBITED EXCEPT MOTORBIKE/SIDECAR" or "Prohibited for any
double-tracked motor vehicles" has no equivalent in the OSM access
scheme.

Exactly what sign are you referring to here? If it is the picture of the
back of a car in a red circle, then the wording in NL at least is "motor
vehicles on more than two wheels" - which would include 3-wheelers
licensed as a motorcycle, and motorcycles with sidecar, although simple
motorcycles would be allowed.

The wiki page shows motorhome as a subclass of motorcar, but it doesn't
imply that there are no other subclasses.

A three-wheeler leaves three tracks by the way, so technically it is
triple-tracked (just ask the hedgehogs)