[Tagging] part_of:wikidata key

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:12:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

Le 28. 11. 17 à 12:34, Jo a écrit :
> The wikidata key itself should only occur on a single OSM object.
> When trying to add it to linear features, this poses a problem, as it's
> possible to split such features.

isn't that like having the same problem as the is_in tag ?

Wouldn't it be better to improve river relationships to add banks if you
find it useful? it would allow you to have the info in a single place
instead of duplicating it.
Because if it is necessary to create part_of: wikidata, then there will
also be part_of: wikipedia then part_of: name and then all the tags of
the parents could be duplicated in part_of:xxx, it is not efficient and
even less maintainable.

I'm going to go read over the reproaches made to AssociateStreet because
imho it's a usefull relationship.

Regards,
Marc