[Tagging] part_of:wikidata key

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:45:53 UTC 2017

the discussion has completely veered off course.
question was part_of <> relation
and not wikidata <> other linking system

Le 28. 11. 17 à 15:25, Jo a écrit :
> I like relations as much as the next guy, probably more so. I've been
> editing and correcting thousands upon thousands of them. One hing I can
> tell you: they are fragile.

- what prevent you to add wikidata to an associatedStreet ?
if a mapper breaks the relationship, he will probably also forget to put
part_of on the way that is not part of the relationship.

- what prevent to add riverbank to river relation in stead of using
part_of ?

can you give a exemple of usecase of why part_of 'll solve a real
problem better than those solutions ?

Regars,
Marc