[Tagging] part_of:wikidata key

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:36:26 UTC 2017

> Then you are not paying attention. OSM IDs are volatile - far more
> volatile than Wikipedia IDs, let alone Wikidata IDs.
>
>> Again my suggestion: Working on better ways to address features in OSM
>> in a stable way from the outside would be much more productive
>
> Great! Let us know when you have a working solution, consensus to
> implement it, and tools that work with it.

External users could store version information together with linked
osm objects. For nodes, the version number is sufficient, for ways and
relations, a timestamp is required (so you can determine the versions
of the dependencies).

Even if the object with this id is deleted in osm, you can still find
the exact version (and shape) when it was linked. If things change it
is anyway required to review the changes.

Cheers,
Martin